Repel Sweepstakes Official Rules
UNITED INDUSTRIES CORPORATION
REPEL BRAND’S “GET OUT THERE” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of United Industries Corporation (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 9:30 EDT on August 13, 2012 and ends at noon EDT on September 30, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Term”). You may enter the Sweepstakes by either on-line or mail-in entry methods described below. Regardless of entry method, only one entry per person per day.
- On-Line Entry: Beginning on August 13, 2012, you may enter the Sweepstakes by logging on to the RepelFacebook page at www.facebook.com/repelinsectrepellents; click on the “LIKE” tab on the Repel page; and follow the entry directions. You will be required to upload and submit a photograph of you or your family showing how they “Get Out There” in an outdoor setting. The photo will then be transferred to and stored in a Facebook photo album. You may be required to register or to otherwise provide some or all of the following information: your name, address, city, state, zip code, age, and e-mail address. Entrant must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account by which the entry is made. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account (as specified by the Internet Service Provider) used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other Internet Website, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void. All on-line entries must be received by noon EDT of the last day of the Sweepstakes, i.e. September 30, 2012.
- Alternate Mail-In Entry. Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by hand-printing the words “Get Out There” Sweepstakes, your name, address, city, state, zip code, age and e-mail address (if applicable) on a 3”x 5” card and mailing it in an envelope to: “Get Out There” Sweepstakes P.O. Box 4406, Bridgeton, MO 63044. All mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than September 30, 2012 and must be received by October 3, 2012.
- PHOTOGRAPH SUBMISSION CONDITIONS: The photograph you submit: (a) must be in the JPEG format; (b) must be the original and sole creation of, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in the picture must be owned solely you; (c) may not contain any nudity, or inappropriate language as determined by Sponsor; (d) may not have been submitted in any other competition; (e) may not have been published; (f) may not infringe upon any third party's rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray in a false light, must not promote bigotry, racism, harm or hatred against any group or individual or promote discrimination; and (g) may not violate any law, rule or regulation. Each entrant warrants and represents that his or her photograph complies with all of these conditions. Non-complying photographs will be subject to disqualification. The appropriateness of all photographs will be determined solely by Sponsor whose decisions are final. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any photograph it deems inappropriate for any reason. Photographs cannot contain the trademark, trade name or logo of any third party (but may contain the trademark, trade name or logo of the Sponsor) and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright. By entering, each Entrant grants permission for the use of the photograph, and their name and likeness in any media in connection with this Sweepstakes, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Sweepstakes, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). All photographs become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner selected. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random on or about October 4, 2012 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Term by judges selected by Sponsor. There will also be seven (7) weekly winners, one for each week of the Sweepstakes Term. Weekly winners will be selected by random drawing from among the entries received during that week. The Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Winners will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Grand Prize Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be seven (7) weekly prizes awarded and one (1) Grand Prize awarded. At the end of the Sweepstakes Term, one Grand Prize winner will be selected from all entries received during the Sweepstakes Term. Each of the first six (6) weekly prizes will consist solely of a Berkley Fishing pack, Quantum fishing reel, BOSS pack and Repel product pack. The Approximate Retail Value (“ ARV”) of each prize is $220. The Week seven (7 prize will consists solely of Berkley Fishing pack, Quantum fishing reel, BOSS pack, Repel product pack and a Gary Klein jersey and autographed photographs of Gary Klein in a frame. The Week seven (7) prize has an ARV of $420. There will be One (1) Grand Prize awarded. The Grand Prize consists solely of $5,000; a one-half day of fishing with Gary Klein at a location selected by Sponsor after consulting with winner and Gary Klein; including airfare, hotel accommodations, meals and ground transportation for the Winner and a guest; and Repel gift bag containing Repel products valued at $50. The ARV of the fishing trip is $2,000. The total ARV of all prizes is Eight Thousand Five Hundred Seventy Dollars ($8,790).
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable or assignable. Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within fifteen (15) days of issuance. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Grand Prize Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winners hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winners’ name, hometown address, photograph, voice, likeness and image, without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
Each prize trip consists solely of: round-trip coach air transportation for Winner and one guest to the fishing location selected by Sponsor from the major U.S. airport closest to the Winner's home as designated by Sponsor; double occupancy standard hotel accommodations for two nights; and four (4) meals. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and provide travel documents required for travel. Actual value of prize may vary based on Winner’s point of departure and dates of travel. Trip date is at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner may receive less than 30 days’ notice prior to trip departure. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Travel companion of trip Winner must be 21 years of age or older or the child of the Prize Winner. Winner’s travel companion, or the parent or legal guardian if companion is a minor, will be required to sign, have notarized and return to Sponsor in the time noted above, a release of liability, and (except where prohibited by law) a publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. In the event the closest airport to the Prize Winner’s home is within 100 miles of the fishing location, prize will not include air transportation from Prize Winner’s residence and no other substitution or compensation will be provided in lieu thereof. Travel Cost estimate is $1,200 for airfare, $600 for hotel accommodations.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
- CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the website. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering; all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in St. Louis, Missouri. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, winners will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winners and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winners, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners’ List (available after October 31, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winner’s List Requests – Repel “Get Out There” Winners List, P.O. Box 4406, Bridgeton, MO 63044. All requests must be received by April 30, 2013. Official Rules also available at www.facebook.com/repelinsectrepellents
- SPONSOR: United Industries Corporation, 1 Rider Trail Plaza Drive, Earth City, MO 63045.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
© 2012 (UNITED INDUSTRIES CORPORATION). All rights reserved.